Monday, September 30, 2013

September Reflection and October Goals


I can't believe that tomorrow is the beginning of October!  Wow!  Where has the time gone?  So much has happened in such a short period of time.  My life has just been flying before my eyes.  Every time I blink, my life has seemed to have fast forwarded an extreme amount.  It kind of seems like Click.  I don't really think that a lot of really big/important things have happened this past month, but I figured that I should still look back on the past month to see where I have come and look to where I'm going.


REFLECTION!
1. I Survived My First Month of High School.  I can't believe I've already gone through my first month of high school!  It went by really fast.  I've take at least one test in each subject.  I push myself everyday, but I'm trying to not over do it.  My biggest fear is pushing myself too much and end up crashing and burning!  I have survived one month so far, I just have about 8 more to go... But I'm telling you, they go by fast.

2. Homecoming... I loved homecoming!  It was a lot of fun!  I have some really great pictures and memories that will be with me forever!  I'm really glad I went to homecoming with a close friend!  I hope to go to homecoming in the future, but it was really nice to go to my first homecoming with someone I was comfortable around.  I'm young and excited for what the future holds for me! 

3. Freshmen Retreat.  I had lots of fun at my big Freshmen Retreat.  It helped my class become closer.  We are suppose to be more than a class.  Every class in the history of my high school has become a family by the time they graduate.  I hope my class does the same.  I'm sure there will be bumps in the road in the future, but I really have hope that my class becomes a family quickly.  The last thing I want to see is my class divided rather than united.

4. Field Trip to Point Park University.  I know I have talked about my field trip to the school before, but it was a lot of fun!  It really allowed me to connect with my classmates.  I got to see my classmates on a more relaxed level.  We all are so much more comfortable around each other.  We joke; we laugh; we have fun.  My class is so much more fun thanks to that one field trip.

5. Getting a Perfect Score on My Latin Vocab!!! I'm not bragging.  Im just still in awe about the whole grade!  I really want to continue doing well in Latin class.  It's a lot of work to do well Latin class, but I love it!  Latin pushes me to work harder and teaches me how to study.  I don't care if my friends can be slackers and get good grades in Spanish, I'm learning so many things that will help me be successful in high school and college.  


GOALS!
1. Step Back and Admire the Little Things.  I have been trying to do that everyday.  Just admire the little things. Whether it's the change in the color of the leaves.  Or the beautiful sunsets in the mornings.  My favorite is the perfect mornings where there is a slight chill to the air that lets you see your breath with a little cloud of steam.  That's a perfect Fall morning in my eyes.

2. Perfection is Overrated.  I don't believe in Perfection.  But I love the search for perfection.  I'm a Type A Perfectionist who wants her life to be perfect, or almost perfect... My friend tries to tell me Perfection is Overrated, but I think the journey is a lot more fun than the destination.  The experience is better than end point.  And the anticipation is better than the present.  

3. Find a Great Balance Between School and Personal Life.  Everyone needs to find what works for them.  I'm trying to figure out what works best for me.  Balance is a science that evolves and grows and changes.  As people change so do their ideas of balance.  Last year, I thought balance was 80% school and school oriented activities and 20% family, friends, social life and other activities.  I'm not sure what this years balance needs to be. So far there is less school and more social activities.  But I'm still figuring out what I want from my life.  

4. Find a Halloween Costume!  I know, I know, Halloween is a little bit more for little kids.  But I love the candy.  Everyone dresses up still.  I usually have friends over and have a Taco Bar!  So much fun!  I can't wait until Halloween!  (Any ideas for Halloween costumes for teenage girls?)



September is coming to a close, and October is going to be in full spring soon.
What are your goals for the new month?  What have you learned in the past month that has helped you grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment