Thursday, September 19, 2013

Out With The Old and In With The New (Organization 101: Clothes)


Ok...so Fall doesn't technically start until Sunday, but I wanted to get a jump start on all of my fall projects A.S.A.P. because Fall is going to be crazy.  I can just feel it.

So I decided I might as well switch my Spring/Summer clothes with my Fall/Winter clothes.  But I'm very picky when it comes to my clothes and closet.  They have to be organized a certain way.

So I might as well talk about the craziness of my clothes.  I don't really have a system of how I put my clothes away every time I put my clothes away.  I just have different methods that I put together to make one giant library of methods.

{one: drawers}
I like to make sure my drawers are really organized because I have seen so many people who have really cluttered drawers and it drives me crazy!  My drawers are sorted by article of clothing.  Undergarments, t-shirts, shorts, sweats, etc...  Then I sort them within the drawers by whether or not
they are a brand-name or just plain.

{two: shelves}
I don't have that many shelves so I use them for just my shoes.  Bottom shelf is used for my shoes that are either out of season or ones I don't need for school.  Then, I have a shelf for just my shoes for school.  Finally, my top shelf is where I'll usually put my LULU Bag because its really accessible if I just put it there every night after school.

{three: rack}
Ok.  So I technically don't have a closet, so I use a close rack that is in my room.  Because I don't have a closet, my room is very open-loft like.  I don't mind not having a closet because having a clothes rack in my room itself makes my room look different and not traditional.  And I like that.
Anyways, my clothes rack is always so busy looking.  But it's still very organized.  On the far left, I have all of my uniform pieces together.  Next, my nice dresses are hanging together,  Then, I have my coats and denim jackets.  Then, my cardigans, sweaters, blouses and nice tank tops.  (But my tanks tops are going into storage for the Winter soon along with my shorts.). Then, skirts.  And finally I
have my dress pants and jeans.  I know that sounds like a lot of clothes, but I love clothes.  I'm always looking for new clothes to add to my collection.  Then I give my old clothes to charity or family.


I have no clue if that was helpful to anyone, but it just shows another way I can be crazy when it comes to organization in my life.  I'm not a control freak; I just don't like having clutter.

How do you organize your clothes?  Are you also transitioning your Summer clothes out and your Fall clothes in?

No comments:

Post a Comment