Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sperry Top-Sider's

So recently, I've been Back-To-School Shopping (as I've mentioned before).  But recently I went to the mall to shop for my clothes!  If there's one thing I've learned from my mom about clothes is that, you can own one simple chic outfit for your whole lifetime if you have enough handbags and shoes to be able to accessorizes every day.  I totally agree with her on that.  I love buying what I call "Staple Pieces" that are simple, and I can "Mix-and-Match" for multiple outfits.  But I have recently fallen in love with designer shoes and bags.  My mom is always either "loaning" or giving me her old handbags, and we always share shoes.  I have a few things from Coach, Nine West, Kate Spade (older bags and wallets), and her old beloved FENDI!  I love, love, love FENDI!  FENDI ANYTHING!!!!  I own a few wallets and purses from FENDI, but my mom has the rest of her collections in her closet.  I'm waiting and hoping to be old enough to inherit more bags from the amazing Italian designer.  

While shopping at the mall, I came across an amazing sale for Sperry Top-Sider's.  It wasn't an huge sale, but they had so many designs of my new favorite boat shoes in stock.  I absolutely was in shoe heaven.  (FYI the sale was at Macy's.)  These Sperry's may not be Manolo Blahnik's (yes, I know my shoes), but to most teens they are pretty fancy.  Most of my friends started wearing them two or three years ago, and I thought they were customized.  I had no idea that you just buy them online like UGGS.  I really didn't have time to worry about my shoes (plus I had more than enough pairs in my closet then).  But now that I'm entering high school, I am OBSESSED with buying a pair.  The only problem is that I don't think they'll fit into my strict dress code.  Yes, they even have a strict dress code for shoes and socks at the school I'm going to attend in the fall.  I have been meaning to ask my upperclassmen mentor if we are permitted to wear them (or that there's an unwritten rule that allow us), but I always forget to ask.  It may sound funny, but asking about that is on the top of my list of questions for orientation.  And yes, I do have a list of questions for orientation in a few weeks.  I want to have an excuse to buy/wear them!  

These are just a few of my favorites from the women's section on Sperry's website...
Sperry's Women's Lola Skimmers
These would probably be the only pair that would be permitted at school.  Simple, but classy.  They'd work.

Sperry's Women's Angelfish Slip-On Boat Shoe
These are really popular among my friends.  Some even have the sparkly versions with sequins.  I use to hate sequins, but now I absolute think they are adorable on Sperry's.

Sperry's Women's Angelfish Slip-On Boat Shoe
I love these because they add a pop of excitement to the simple denim.  I use to think leopard print was cheesy, but I love it on my shoes. (In small amounts of course.)  I think they are a great print with the denim. 

Sperry's Women's Angelfish Slip-On Boat Shoe
These are totally Little S!  Chic but bubbly and sparkly!  I probably wouldn't wear them because I think they are just a little TOO flashy.  But Little S LOVES SPARKLES!

Sperry's Women's Angelfish Slip-On Boat Shoe I think these are such a great mix of sparkles and pop! These are the sparkly versions of the pair I mentioned above.  I've seen some of the upperclassmen at the high school wear these at off-campus events, but I don't remember if girls were wearing them on my "shadow day".  I think they would work for dressing casually...




I already have a few ideas on what handbags to use in the fall, but I'm stuck in a rut when it comes to my shoes.  I'm probably going shoe-shopping before orientation, but so far I only have 3-4 decent pairs of shoes/boots that fit my dress code.  Sad, right?  I am on the hunt for the perfect pair of shoes for school.  More importantly, I am on the hunt for the perfect pair of suitable Sperry Top-Sider's for my new school year.  It's going to be tough, but I want Sperry's.  And I'm determined to get a pair...one way or another.  

Do you have any type of shoe, bag, or accessory that you are absolutely DYEING to own?  
If you are a Sperry's owner, what do you think of your pair?  Any tips or advice on getting a pair of Sperry's?

~Your Carrie Bradshaw-In Training

No comments:

Post a Comment