Monday, August 19, 2013

Back-to-School: School Supplies


For the next week, I will be writing about different tips and pieces of advice on how to be prepped and prepared for the new school year.  I know some of my friends are already starting school or have orientation this week, but I still have at least one week to myself before school starts! ahhhhh....

Today is Monday, right?  Yay!  That means not only do I have time to get prepped for school, but I also have a bit of time to tell you guys all of my advice on being ready for school.  Even though some people may have already started started school last week or start this week, I don't start for a while.  But if you are starting after Labor Day Weekend, I am so totally jealous! ;)

My school recently sent out a letter about homeroom, orientation, classes, school supplies, etc... They said I need to only bring Single Subject Notebooks, Pens and Pencils!  Simple.  This is probably because each teacher has a different list for what they require for their class.  I personally have my own "list" that works for me every year.

Anyways, down to business.  Today I'm going to be blogging about my choices for Back-to-School Supplies for the 2013-2014 School Year!


[Notebooks]


I personally like Single Subject Notebooks for Language, English, History, Electives, Religion, etc... But I like using Three Subject Notebooks for Math and Science/Technology.  Then, I love using Lilly Pulitzer Notebooks (or my Mickey Mouse Notebook) for personal use or for my blog.


[Pens]
Bic Black Pens

Pilot G2 Pens
Bic "Latin Pens"

Black Bic Pens: They are so simple and sleek.  I stash them in my pencil case, bag, etc...  They write really easily.  I lose pens so quickly; Bic ones are nice enough.  I prefer them over others ones.  Yet they are cheap enough that I don't care if I lose/forget them in school or at home.

Pilot G2 Pens: These are my favorite pens in the world!  My mom and I both love them.  She uses them at work, and I like using them for school.  They look good on applications and letters.  I don't like them when studying or working on class work, but they are great for any professional work.

Bic "Latin Pens": I've blogged about these pens before I think.  These are great for studying.  I love them just because they make all of my notes pretty but don't smear like a G2 does.


[Pencils]
Traditional No. 2 Pencils


Bic Mechanical Pencils


No. 2 (Traditional) Pencils: I usually buy No. 2 pencils that you have to sharpen because I know I will be taking standardized tests at school no matter what grade I'm going into.  It's just a fact of life.  I can be really OCD, so I need to always be prepared for whatever happens in my crazy life!

Bic Mechanical Pencils: Mechanical pencils are so nice to use when you are just writing page after page of notes.  They are trustworthy and chic.  I think Mechanical pencils just make life easier.

Erasers: I erase whole pages of paper in my math classes somedays.  I love my big erasers because they keep me from totally destroying the erasers on my pencils.


[Calculator]

Casio Calculator
I use a simple scientific calculator that I bought a few years ago because it was on sale.  It was probably $12.00! :)


[Agenda]

Lilly Pulitzer Agendas
Lilly Pulitzer Agendas: I <3 Lilly Pulitzer Agendas!  I blogged about them the other day.  I think I put them underneath the title "Lilly Pulitzer Planners/Agendas".  I really think they are super cute!

School Agenda: I technically have to buy an agenda from the school for my school year.  I usually have so much homework and activities that I need a personal and academic planners.  (But that's another story.)

Personal Agenda:  I have a personal agenda that I've been using for awhile.  But it doesn't look right, my OCD is kind of kicking in whenever I look at it.  I really want to buy a new one before school starts.


[Backpack/Tote]

Backpack: Last year, I usually carried around a plain pink backpack to carry my books to and from school.  I have been contemplating the idea of using my old one from last year or one that's a little bigger from 2 years ago or buy a new one.  I think the only way I would buy a new book bag would be if I saw a really cute one on sale.  I'm not cheap; I just rather spend my money elsewhere.  And I'm not necessarily an eco-girl, but I believe in Reduce-Reuse-and-Recycle when it comes to bags or shoes.

Totes: I liked using totes during class last year.  I had to go to my locker multiple times a day, so I didn't like carrying around a bunch of stuff I didn't need.  I like carrying totes because they look TOTES adorable (sorry, just had to!) and they were so in with all of my friends last year.  I'm just not sure about whether or not they are going to be 'in' now that I'm going to high school.  It's a whole new ballgame.



What are you required to bring to school on your first day of school?  Are you buying the 'bare minimums' or do you have a REAL School Supplies List?  Any things that you know you are going to need for your New School Year?

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment