Monday, August 12, 2013

Ashton Kutcher's Amazing Advice for Life

On Sunday night, Ashton Kutcher won the Ultimate Choice Award at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards.  I never really was a big Ashton Kutcher fan when he was younger, but I had seen some of his movies in the past.  I'm also looking forward to seeing his new movie "JOBS" soon!  But last night, my opinion- like so many other people's in America- of Ashton had changed for the better.  Most celebrities thank their parents or agent or friends but especially their fans when they win a big award, but Ashton did something a little different.  He decided to not only thank his fans for their support, but he also sent out some amazing advice to teens everywhere in America.  

I actually didn't watch the Teen Choice Awards this year, but I heard everyone RAVING this morning about Ashton Kutcher's amazing speech.  So, I decided to look up some info about the award show online and found a video of it on Youtube.  And I have to say, Ashton Kutcher did give a really great speech.  I don't care if you think his shows or movies are vulgar or not.  When I was watching him deliver his speech, I totally forgot everything about him or his career or his personal life.    


When Ashton Kutcher walked on stage for the award, he was dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, flannels and a ball cap.  (Pretty casual, right?)  Of course, as soon as he got on the stage he cracked a joke.  But then he became pretty serious when he started talking to everyone.  Ashton Kutcher said that he was going to reveal three important secrets that helped him be successful as an actor in Hollywood.  They were "Opportunity", "Being Sexy" and "Living Life".  I just assumed that he was going to joke around during his speech, but he really surprised me.  

The first secret he talked about was "Opportunity".  The first thing he said about opportunity is that, "Opportunity looks a lot like hard work."  He talked about the different jobs he had acquired since he was a thirteen year old carrying shingles up a roof with his father.  But he said every job he had was just another stepping stone to his next job.  He said he never quit a job until he got another one.  So, I guess you could say he started out as just a typical teen trying to make something of himself.  

The next bit of advice he talked about was "Being Sexy'.  Despite what most people watching- and the audience- thought, he was not making some type of crude reference.  He said that, "The sexiest thing in the world is being really smart."  That right there was a HUGE confidence booster to all of the nerds out there like me.  He then went on to say that it's not only sexy to be smart, but also being thoughtful and being generous.  (But not many teens in the general public would agree with him that it's sexy to be smart.  I WISH more people thought it's sexy to be smart.)  

Finally, Ashton Kutcher talked about "Living Life".  He said he relearned this concept recently while working on his new movie about the infamous Steve Jobs.  He described how in life we are sometimes taught that we're suppose to grow up, stay out of trouble, get an education, then a job and start a family.  (I think that there's nothing wrong with that idea, but he's saying that people can aspire to do more in their life.  Especially teenagers who are just starting to figure out their path on the Road of Life.)  He said that we can change that concept; that we can be bigger than that.  We can build our own life that other people can live in, instead of the other way around.  I agree.  He said we should, "Build a Life; Don't Live One."  That is something I intend to do with my life.  I'm just a small town girl who aspires to be someone that is respected for her intelligence and is an inspiration to others.  I think that phrase is a good mantra to live by if you are someone who is aspiring to be successful in your life.  

You never know where some of these famous actors are going to be in five, ten, fifteen, or even fifty years from now.  But at least Ashton Kutcher gave one AMAZING speech that probably touched thousands of teenagers out there searching for their place in the world.  I know I have been somewhat affected by what he said.  It gave me confidence and a bit of a reminder that anyone in America can be successful if they REALLY want to be successful!  I hope other teens were inspired to work harder in school and life to accomplish more and become the person they dream of becoming. :)

Good Luck Everyone!
I hope you can be happy and prosperous in your life!

P.S. Ashton Kutcher revealed that his real name isn't Ashton.  That his real name is Christian Ashton Kutcher.  I think it's understandable to change your name if you want to be an actor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment