Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back-to-School: Make a Schedule


Ok, tomorrow is Orientation!  I am so excited!  Today is Day Four of my Back-to-School Series.  Today, I am going to be talking about Making a Schedule.

I learned last year how important it is to make a schedule and then follow through.  But, it can be somewhat a challenge balancing school, homework, studying, clubs, after school activities, sports, volunteer work, personal life, etc... So, last year, I bought a personal agenda.  It really helped me keep sane and meet all of my deadlines.  I suggest not only owning an agenda for school assignments but also one for personal use.  Or just buy a jumbo one and combine both.


[Class Schedule]
I learned a few years ago to always make multiple copies of your class schedule.  When I received my schedule for school, I made multiple copies to have one wherever I need it.  I liked to keep one with a school map, my school agenda, on my home desk, etc...  This helps me memorize my schedule a lot quicker.  Plus, you should always call/text your friends to compare your schedules.  I always get a boost of confidence if I know that one of my friends is in class for me.

If your school doesn't give you a map or a class schedule until the first day of school, first of all, I'm sorry; but then you should make your own!  You probably should also make a mental map of your school and put it down on paper.  My grade school NEVER would give us our class schedules until the first day of school.  And I know I'm probably not going to get my class schedule for high school until Orientation (if I'm lucky) which is only two days before the first day of school!  But I also know the core classes and electives I will be taking.  I have an idea of what classes I'm going to take, but I can't wait to see my schedule itself.


[Personal Life]
All this week, I have been trying to figure out what my morning and evening routines are.  I kind of have it down to a science, but I'm still working on getting rid of the kinks.  I know how important it is to get your body into a routine before school starts.  Trying to wake up at 5:30 am "Cold-Turkey" is the reason why so many teens look like Zombies on the first day of school.  I, myself, don't know how I am going to get up in the morning on the first day of school.  I am afraid of missing the bus!  

I think one thing I really have been putting off for awhile has been reorganizing my agenda or buying a new agenda.  I think buying a new agenda would be nice, but I'm not sure if I really want a new agenda.  I'm kind of "On-The-Fence" on whether or not I really want or need a new agenda for school.  I believe you should make a schedule for your after-school activities and after-school homework/studying routine.  I believe you should: Make a Schedule and Stick to It.


How do you stick to a schedule?  Do you believe in using agendas or calendars or schedules, etc...?  Do you think that you are sometimes a Zombie on the first week of school because you aren't use to getting up so early?  Any tips on getting up early for school?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I've had great academic success (aka 4.0 in high school and college and 3.7 for the first year of med school) and I schedule myself down to the minute! I wake up at 5am everyday weekday or weekend and sleep at 1130pm. Stick to the same schedule everyday! :) Great post :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete