Friday, August 23, 2013

Back-to-School: Orientation


Orientation was today!  I had so much fun!  I'm exhausted, but it was all worth it.  I picked up a few tips from our tour guides today about how to survive high school.  I asked a few dumb questions, just because I wanted a straight answer, and they were questions I thought other people wanted to know the answer to as well.  So, here are a few tips I learned today from my classmates and the upperclassmen.  I have to make this post quick because I'm so tired from walking around campus.


So here is a list of things I learned today at Orientation that more teenage freshmens should know:

  • Talk to your new classmates
  • Ask real/smart questions
  • Ask silly/dumb questions (yes, do ask silly questions...my upperclassmen actually asked for dumb questions)
  • Introduce yourself to as many teachers and new classmates as possible
  • Talk to your tour guides/mentor (that's why you have one)
  • "Be Smart. Share Smarts" (The Smart Girls Group Message)
  • Take mental notes of all the important details
  • Put any important dates+times in your phone for future reference
  • Try to make as many friends as possible!!!!! (Seriously, Just Talk to People...Everyone is Nervous!)
  • "Sisters Before Misters" (I live by that phrase when it comes to friends and any type of drama)


I hope these tips help.  I'm really tired, and I have a big volunteer project all day tomorrow.  Bye!
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment