Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back-to-School: Clothes and Uniforms



Whether you are attending a private school or public school, you usually need to go back to school shopping for clothes.  So, today's post in the "Back-to-School" series is about Shopping for Clothes.  I mean, every girl loves to shop.  (Sorry, hate to stereotype, but it's just a saying.)  Anyways, I have a few tips on buying your Back-to-School clothes!


[Uniforms]
I recently had to go to Back-to-School shopping for my school uniforms for High School.  I had received a check around Graduation as a reward for an essay I wrote for an organization.  The reward was a check for $200!!!!  Sadly, I spent it on uniforms for the new school year over the Summer.  But, I must say, I got some cute pieces to mix and match for my uniforms.  I'm so glad I have my clothes already!  And I love my uniforms!  They are so Preppy!

My dress code says we, ladies, have to wear either a Blue or White Button-Down Oxford Blouse.  Our blouses can be either Short or Long Sleeves.  Then, in the Winter, we are allowed wear a Navy Cardigan, Vest or Sweater with the school insignia on it.  We can only wear the Sweaters, Cardigans or Vest from late Fall through early Spring, though.  But I'm so glad I have a Navy Cardigan to wear while walking around outside between the buildings on campus during the cold weather.  I've seen Upperclassmen in their uniforms before, and they are too cute and super Preppy! :)

My dress codes also says that the ladies can only wear Navy or Plaid Kilts, Double Kick Skirts or Skorts.  (Technically, we are allowed to wear Navy slacks, but no one really does.)  I bought a Plaid Kilt and Double Kick Skirt.  I really can't decide what to wear on the first day of school... I have so many ideas of what to mix and match with the pieces I bought this Summer. :)

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes... I'm looking for a few more pairs of nice shoes that are allowed under the dress code.  So far I have: 1 Pair of Black Penny Loafers, 1 Pair of Navy Penny Loafers, 1 Pair of Gray Pumps, 1 Pair of Brown UGGS/Boots, 1 Pair of Black/Leather Knee-High Boots and 1 Pair of Gray Knee-High Boots with Heels.  I know that's a lot, but shoes are one of the only thing that's going to let me show a bit of fashion sense and Preppy style.

Accessories!!!  All the Upperclassmen at my high school carry around nice designer handbags and wear really cute accessories.  I own a few handbags and purses that I'm definitely going to use in the Fall.  Plus, I love jewelry!  I absolutely adore all of the bracelets, rings, necklaces, earrings, etc.. I got for Easter.  My friends know me for my accessories.  I just don't know what piece(s) of jewelry on the first day of school...

Here's an idea of what my uniform will look like in the Fall.

[Clothes]
For all of you lucky Public School Kids, I have to say that you probably don't need to go out and spend $200 like I did on clothes.  I don't mean to sound like a hypocrite, but try to go easy on your folks' wallets and bank accounts.  I knew one of the ways I could get to chose whatever I wanted to wear at school in the Fall was to pay for the clothes myself.  So, if there's something you're dying to have that your parents said you can't have, BUY IT YOURSELF!  It will show that you are not only responsible but mature as well.  Parents will realize you are growing up and see how responsible you're becoming.  Both are really good things!

Anyways, when Back-to-School Shopping for Clothes, buy the necessities.  Or what I like to call "Staple Pieces".  I mainly own "Staple Pieces" and a few "Runway Pieces" that make my wardrobe never go out of style but also keep it in style! ;)  I also think that accessories can either make or break an outfit.  I've said this before... You can own only one simple, chic outfit for your whole life if you can wear a different pair of shoes and carry a different bag almost every day.  It's just a concept I live by when it comes to fashion.


Do you go to a school where you have to wear uniforms?  Do you agree with me that shoes and bags make or break an outfit?  How do you like to accessorize your outfits? 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I used to have uniforms when I was at school but we couldn't differ from the official uniform - black trousers/skirt, white polo shirt and a black blazer. You are lucky you get to put a cute spin on it :)

    Kate @ http://fattofitgeek.com/

    ReplyDelete