Sunday, September 22, 2013

At a Crossroads...

The strangest thing happened today.  I was at a lost for words.  And that never happens with me.  I always have a story to tell, an opinion to give, a fact to inform with.  But today I was texting my close friend/mentor about how I'm at a crossroads in my life.

I'm not sure how to explain it... Recently I have felt like I have been growing and changing.  Which is a good thing, but I also think that every time I grow a bit I'm also losing a bit of my old self as well.  Which makes sense, I guess.

Writing those two paragraphs have just made me realize what is happening in my life.

I'm at a point where I'm transforming from Potential Energy into Kinetic Energy.  Now that would be me.  A nerd who uses Physics to explain what is happening in her life.  How about I explain it in a different metaphor.

Life is like a big roller coaster.  We have our ups and downs but we always seem to survive.  The past 8-9 years have been preparing me for the next phase of my life.  All of those years of working hard has now turned into something else.  I think I probably hit the peak of the hill on this part of the roller  coaster when I was accepted to my current high school, won all of the awards and graduated top of my class.

Now I'm flying down the hill at a crazy rate.  There is so much adrenaline running through my veins.  And my life is just flying by.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  I think it's a little bit of both, but it's mainly just different.  Which I'm not sure if I like yet.  Change is good, but I'm use to it in small doses.

At the beginning of Summer, I was on the top of the world.  Now I'm afraid of hitting rock bottom.  I know that one day something is going to happen and I'll have to start working to get to the top of the next peak.  But right now, I need to figure out what path I want to take.

I'm not unsure of myself, I'm actually really confident right now.  I feel like I have accomplished all of the goals I have set for myself in the past.  I just need to figure out what goals I want to accomplish in the future days, weeks, months, years, etc...

I felt the same exact way last year.  I was having fun but working hard in the beginning of Fall.  Then I got down to work.  I just need to find some projects for me to work on this year.  Last year I worked on getting into my high school with scholarships, but now what do I do?


I'm at a point in my life that I have to ask myself: Do I go with the flow, or do I blaze my own way?  I think I'm going to go with the latter choice.  I never go with the flow.  I cut a new path for myself.  And others can follow me if they wish.


So this year are you going to go with the flow or fight the current?
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment