Sunday, October 20, 2013

Organization 101: Note-taking (Part 2)


Here's Part 2 of my Organization 101 blog posts!  I love writing these because this is what I've been looking for lately on Pinterest and other blogs.  Today I'm going to be talking about different methods of taking notes. I'm going to be focusing on Cornell Notes, Blank Canvas, and Outlining/Paraphrasing.  These are usually the methods I used for studying and taking notes in school.


{Cornell Notes}
Cornell notes usually work for all of my 'Humanities' classes.  But they can work for almost every class.  Here's a link on how to write Cornell Notes...
 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu7WM_fmR1k


{Blank Piece of Paper}
This method is so much more flexible.  A blank piece of paper is a blank canvas for me.  I don't always use a blank sheet of copy paper.  I usually use notebook paper because then it's in with other notes.  It's just easier that way I can refer to it in the future.
With Geometry, I like to list all of my formulas and explain what they are.  Or I'll write a vocabulary term with a drawing next to it so I understand what it means.  It's harder to study for a Geometry test because you have to just know the formulas and know how to solve for answers.  So I like to take problems from my notebook or past assignments and put them in as a reference of how you solve with the formulas I have listed.


{Outlining}
I think I have mentioned this before, but I love just bulletins points and using the standard style of title, subtitle, and notes.  This method works for me.  I can scribble stuff down and still get the meat and potatoes of the topic.  You just have to be able to write down what is necessary and forget about the minor details.  I'm still trying to figure out which is which... ;)



So What Works for You?  Do you have any types or methods of taking notes in school?  Or are you still experimenting?  I'm still experimenting... Any tips or suggestions?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment